Wednesday, July 1, 2009

God is a God of Miracles

"And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles...........Behold I say unto you.....God has not ceased to be a God of miracles"

"if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles. And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they should trust. "

These are Mormons words. And I would like to add mine to them. The last week, week and a half God has shown unto me many mighty miracles, and one in particular that there is no other way of describing it then it was from a loving Father in Heaven who was very much aware of the righteous intentions of a small band of boy scouts. Due to the sacred nature of these miracles I won't make a post describing them, but if any would like to hear about them I have no problem sharing them with you.

I know that if we are righteous, the Lord can and will cause miracles to happen for our own good. But the miracle he gives is not necessarily the same miracle we want to have. This is where faith comes in to play, know that God will have all things work out for our good, even if its not what you think is good for you. I know that if we put our trust in the Lord he can do all things, including calming the winds and the seas.

No comments: