Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Paratroopers

I received an interesting analogy from a scoutmaster at Timberline this year.

He said that we are, as the children of Ephraim, Paratroopers dropped to a Telestial world from a Celestial sphere.

Now that's an interesting Idea.

Here are a few things I've thought about since:

Ok, so we are Paratroopers now usually this entails a mission yes? Well as far as my limited knowledge goes Paratroopers or Special units are used most often for Reconnaissance or Recovery. Well Since we are sent from an all knowing commander in chief Reconnaissance is probably not the one. So Recovery. "And I say unto you how great will be your joy if ye bring save one soul unto me" Ok so I'm paraphrasing a little but it makes sense. It aligns with our commander in chiefs goal to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Now a few things are key to a behind the enemy lines mission. First, and we've all heard this before, is communication. What is Satan always trying to do. Mess with our communication back to our heavenly father (commander in chief). Another thing I would consider important if I got stuck behind enemy lines would be to get a small tight group of other Paratroopers with me to help out and support each other. Sound like families? So what group would the enemy want to destroy. (I don't even need to start listing the ways Satan is after the Family).

Ok. Nothing new. But Interesting. Another thing the Paratrooper analogy entails is when the battle starts. Um...Its already going. We know it has because we talk about the first stage of the battle from before this earth was created. Well we've been 'saved' for this 'last day' for a 'special purpose'. So the battle started Long before we got here. We dodged bullets as we were on our way (Abortion) and we continue to dodge bullets every day. There is not much rest when we are stuck behind enemy lines.

Now we know a few key things that will help. One what our mission is. As I've said we are to bring as many back as possible. We know, and this is the second thing, That we will win. We were sent before the 'air strike' if you will to get as many out as we can before the Commander in Chief decides its time to cleanse this area. So how do we fight. The same way we did and were trained in in that celestial world we came from. "and by the power of their testimonies and by the blood of the lamb they over came Satan" again...not word for word but it gets the point across.

Well. Wait. What about Secret Combinations. What about Government control. What about depression...Well we are behind enemy lines. If I was in Germany in WWII I wouldn't worry so much about going up and spitting in Hitlers face and calling him dirty names and telling him to change is police state. I'd worry about getting my tight group of commando's out (Family) and Try to help as many of my buddy's, civilians or anyone willing to listen to get out of there!

So It's not doctrine...But it's a pretty cool way to look at our situation here on this earth. At least I thought so.